Quilt for NY state troopers to have when they work with small children. The pink and green blocks were won from my quilt guild.
Since the other one was so obviously a girl quilt, I had to make a boy’s one too.
My October challenge was to make charity projects. I already showed you the hats I made. Here are the quilts I’ve been working on.
These were both machine quilted, a big challenge for me.
This is for our local Ronald MacDonald House. If you look closely, you can see two blocks that are part of an opposite pair. The quilt is a matching game too.
I’m working on hand quilting this one. An advantage of hand quilting is that I can use a separate motif for each small square and not worry about continuous line designs.
Finally, I have one for a local nursing home, ready to be quilted. I’ll be busy for a while.
So here I am in November and ready for a bigger challenge. I decided that it’s time I conquer my fear of orange. It’s a color I only tackle when I use every other color in a quilt or in an autumn quilt. Not any more, orange and I are going to get acquainted this month. I plan to make a sampler quilt using mainly orange. Wish me luck!